UV sterilization is a technology that utilizes ultraviolet light to kill microorganisms. The most common way to do this is to use UV light sterilization, which is 99% effective at killing airborne and waterborne pathogens.
Different types of pathogens require different wavelengths and intensities of UV light for the complete elimination of microorganisms, so Viqua Ultraviolet Water Sterilizers are customized for the needs of your home.
Lone Star Water Services provides UV light installation services to ensure you have the best possible UV lighting system for your home or business at an affordable price!
How Does UV Sterilization Work?
When UV light interacts with water, it effectively destroys the cell’s genetic material & prevents reproduction. This process is rapid & only takes about 8 minutes for complete sterilization.
This method is often used in food preparation, pharmaceuticals, medical instruments, cosmetics, electronics & other products that require sterilization at low temperatures or where steam cannot be utilized. In water, it is installed at individual pipes or most commonly at the home’s water supply entry point as whole-house sterilization.
Benefits & Notes about UV Sterilization
- One of the benefits of using UV sterilizers in your home is that it does not require chemicals or toxic substances to be used.
- Sterilizing your water means it does not require you to boil your water, saving time & energy.
- UV sterilizers are effective at killing microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, & cysts.
- UV sterilization is utilized after water treatment processes like chlorine disinfection (and other chemicals). It will not remove biochemical oxygen demand (BOD), nitrates, phosphates, heavy metals, minerals, turbidity, taste, or odor compounds.
- UV sterilizers are important for the treatment & storage of drinking water & wastewater coming from treatment plants before it is discharged into natural waterways.
- They are used extensively in residential & commercial settings to reduce contamination with bacteria, viruses, protozoa & other microbes.
Why Install Viqua Ultraviolet Water Sterilizers?
Whether you’re a homeowner or business owner, UV sterilization is an excellent way to protect your water. If you are looking for a reliable & effective way to sterilize your water, you should consider installing a Viqua Ultraviolet Water Sterilizer in your home.
Viqua Ultraviolet Sterilizers protect your water from harmful microorganisms & viruses that can cause illness in humans, animals & the environment.
Lone Star Water Services provides installation services for the Viqua Ultraviolet Sterilizers. We are a licensed & authorized dealer of Viqua UV Sterilizers & we can help you choose the right model for your needs. With us as your partner for this investment into UV disinfection technology, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’re safeguarding yourself against contaminated water every day.
We also offer installation & servicing for all Viqua UV Sterilizers, so you can be sure that your system will be installed & working properly. If any questions remain about how it works or what benefits it has for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out at 512-805-1220! We’re always happy to help.